Tuesday, 21 April 2009

On The Go...

I currently have a few patterns on the go. As summer is coming up, and the weather has already started to turn warmer, I have decided I really should do something to 'update' my wardrobe (as far as you can update a vintage wardrobe anyway...). At the weekend I began this;

then quickly realised I didn't have enough fabric. The dress is being made in beige with a cream trim, with 2 jackets being made (one beige with cream trim, one cream with beige trim). The dress is all cut out & ready to go. I must visit the shop & get some more fabric...

Nex is my absolute pride & joy. I have been after a playsuit pattern for months & months, thinking it would be great to have one, but never really being able to see myself in one. Over the past month or so, however, I have decided that this summer I will have a playsuit. By chance I came across this pattern;


Check that!! 3 patterns in one!!! And in my size! And unopened. It seemed such a shame to open it really... I bought up some fabric today (bedsheets as usual!) in a lovely vibrant turquoise for the playsuit & black for the skirt & bolero. Not terribly summery, black, I know, but it's just really to see how it works out, plus I need more black skirts!
So far I have the skirt made, it's so easy. I was worried that it would be quite a difficult pattern to make as there are no seam allowances, and the instructions are very brief to say the least, but it is simple. The skirt was literally 2 rectangles sewn together & gathered at the top with a waistband chucked on top. Lets hope the playsuit & bolero work out so well. Pics to follow!
Lastly I want to share this picture with you. It is of my grandma & granddad on their wedding day.
I remember looking at the picture when growing up, and also the picture of my grandma when she was in the WAF, and being in awe of the lovely clothes. I absolutely love my grandmas suit here. And lacy gloves! She was a goth before goths existed ;) I think it was a combination of these two pictures that started my love of vintage. I was lucky enough to get hold of our family album on my last visit home & I love looking through it & hoping that one day I look as good as my relatives!

xdollydaydreamx

2 comments:

Jenny Leggings said...

Love the patterns theyre awesome!! Im looking forward to seeing the playsuit made up thats going to look amazing!!

xdollydaydreamx said...

Oh I'm so excited about it! It looks pretty simple to make too. I hope!!! And the sun is out in honor of my playsuit! No doubt when it is made we will have a cold, wet summer...

Followers